Περιγραφή Θέσης: Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill one (1) full time Marie S. Curie Early Stage Researcher (ESR) Fellow Position in the newly established UNESCO Chair on Digital Cultural Heritage / Digital Heritage Research Lab of the Cyprus University of Technology (CUT) in the research field of Enrichment of 3D volumetric objects with Metadata and Semantics:
The selected Marie S. Curie ESR will work for thirty six (36) months within the ITN CHANGE Marie S. Curie ITN Project, an EU-funded programme bringing together eight (8) leading European Institutions as full beneficiaries and ten (10) other as partners in a transnational network, aiming at implementing a multidisciplinary and intersectorial research and training programme between academic, research and the industrial partners. Description Cultural Heritage (CH) is an integral element of Europe, vital for the creation of a common European identity and one of the greatest assets for steering Europe’s social, economic development and job creation. However, the current research training activities in CH are fragmented and mostly designed as single-discipline, failing to cover the whole lifecycle of Digital Cultural Heritage (DCH) research, which is by nature a multi-disciplinary and intersectorial agenda. The CHANGE project will train a new generation of early stage researchers towards a common goal, namely the assessment of changes in tangible cultural heritage objects and their monitoring in the atmosphere and/or during their conservation treatment, using multimodal imaging techniques to complement more traditional analytical techniques. Their research will consist in optimizing capture of data and their analysis, visualisation and management, to ensure a better documentation and long-term preservation of our common European cultural heritage. This work will be carried out within an interdisciplinary environment involving five (5) CH and four (4) ICT beneficiary institutions as well as nine (9) CH, ICT and industrial partners from eight (8) EU countries.
Position: One ESR to be recruited by the host organization of the Cyprus University of Technology in Limassol, Cyprus for the duration of three (3) years under full employment contract. The fellow will work on: Development of advanced metadata and semantic model for integrating:
(1) Paradata of the acquisition technologies and historical and archaeological evidence of CH objects,
(2) the argumentation leading to virtual reconstruction and discussing alternatives with the object owners/ stakeholders,
(3) the connection of physical and social-historical, constructive, functional, aesthetic and environmental parameters, etc. with 3D/4D documentation of CH objects. Expected Results: A complete online platform for the holistic e-documentation of 3D CH objects: metadata, paradata, semantics, reflecting the interpretation and story of the 3D asset.
The Applicant should:
1. Have completed at least a four or five-year education cycle (e.g. Diploma in Engineering, Master’s Degree etc) from a recognized university in Geomatics, Computer- / Electrical Engineering Computer Science, Surveying Engineering and/or BA or MA in Humanities with a focus on e-CH with less than four (4) years of continuous full-time research experience in the above fields, with excellent programming skills and very good language and communication / implementation skills,
2. At the time of recruitment, not have resided (or carried out his/her main activity e.g. work, studies, etc.) in Cyprus, for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the reference recruitment date,
3. Possess excellent knowledge of the English language at a proficiency level (spoken and written) Career Stage Early stage researcher or 0-4 years of experience (Post graduate) – According to the H2020 (Marie S. Curie Actions) Regulations. Eligibility rules for the Marie S. Curie fellows can be found at the H2020 MSCA 2018-2020 Work programme: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/wp/2018-2020/main/h2020-wp1820-msca_en.pdf Research Profile First Stage Researcher (R1)
• Competitive salary to cover living allowance (2.701,02 Euro – gross salary), mobility (600,00 Euro) plus a family allowance (if the candidate is married: 500,00 Euro), social and health insurance (according to the H2020 Marie S. Curie Actions Programme and CUT regulations).
• In the context of a personal Career Development Plan, opportunities for international collaboration, attend outstanding conferences/events and exchanges to world-class academic and industrial partners will take place.
• Registration for a PhD at CUT / UNESCO Chair on Digital Cultural Heritage, Limassol, Cyprus.
• Training in a range of state-of-the-art scientific skills, intellectual property and project management skills and visiting GR language courses at CUT language center,
• Secondment placements within the network’s partners (up to max. 30% of the training period).
For more details on the fellow salary and other benefits/eligibility criteria please refer to the H2020 Marie S. Curie actions CHANGE website at http://change-itn.eu/ and http://change-itn.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Guide_Applicants_shortened.pdf
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
1. Detailed EuroPass - Curriculum Vitae in English – three (3) copies (see also: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae),
2. Motivation Letter – three (3) copies,
3. Official certified transcripts of grades from all academic institutions of higher education listed in his/her application, certified copies of degrees, or/and certifications of fulfillment of the required obligations for entering a graduate PhD programme – three (3) copies
4. Official certified copies of titles in English language – three (3) copies
5. Names and full address (including valid email) of three referees who, upon request, can provide recommendation letters – three (3) copies
6. Copies of any related research papers or other significant achievements/work by the applicant – three (3) copies Applications must be submitted in a closed envelop marked as “Application for H2020 Marie S. Curie CHANGE Research Fellow Position (ESR)” – UNESCO CHAIR DCH - Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Informatics at the premises of the Cyprus University of Technology, Human Resource Department, 4th Floor, Arch. Kyprianos 31, CY-3036 Limassol via express courier or must be sent via registered post (P.O. Box 50329, CY-3603 Limassol) with a clearly visible post office stamp of a date not later than 31st of May, 2019, 24:00 which is the deadline for the submission of the applications. Applicants are also requested to send their applications electronically to the email address [email protected] before the deadline of 31st of May 2019, however, please note that the electronic submission alone will not be considered as a formal application unless the printed application is received as requested in the previous paragraph. For further information please contact Dr. Marinos Ioannides at email [email protected] and telephone number +357-25-002020 or visit the website: http://change-itn.eu/. Research Fields Computer Science, Geomatics, Archives, libraries, semantics, ontology, Photogrammetry, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Big Data, Holistic documentation, Surveying. Start of the fellowship: 1st of October 2019
Ημερομηνία λήξης υποβολής αιτήσεων: 31/05/2019
Το Ledra College επιθυμεί να προσλάβει Καθηγήτριες/Καθηγητές Digital Marketing, πλήρους ή μερικής απασχόλησης για διδασκαλία σε αγγλόφωνα… Περισσότερα
Το Ledra College επιθυμεί να προσλάβει Καθηγήτριες/Καθηγητές Business Administration Περισσότερα
Το Ledra College επιθυμεί να προσλάβει Καθηγήτριες/Καθηγητές Πληροφορικής Περισσότερα
Το Ledra College επιθυμεί να προσλάβει Καθηγήτριες/Καθηγητές International Relations και International Law Περισσότερα
City Unity College is in search of an Executive Sales person to lead the promotion of our academic and professional programs Περισσότερα
Η Ιατρική Σχολή ανακοινώνει την προκήρυξη μιας (1) θέσης Ακαδημαϊκού Προσωπικού, στη βαθμίδα Λέκτορα ή Επίκουρου Καθηγητή στην ειδικότητα… Περισσότερα
Το Πανεπιστήμιο Κύπρου προκηρύσσει μια (1) θέση στη βαθμίδα του Λέκτορα ή Επίκουρου Καθηγητή στην ειδικότητα «Ποινική Δικονομία» στο… Περισσότερα
We are looking to hire: Research Assistant/Scientist Περισσότερα